Well believe it or not Easter is on the way, April 16th this year. I sometimes think I enjoyed Easter even better than Christmas or at least as much. We always had brand new shiny shoes and colorful dresses and hats, yep wore hats back then. When we awakened we would run around looking for the Easter baskets our parents hid for us. Then after Church we would come home and go out to look for the eggs and little toys our parents would hide for us in the garden and bushes. We would then play a bit and go to Grandparents #1, Dads parents, where we would eat home made dill pickles, leg of lamb and sweet potatoes and kraut. We always got a dollar before leaving. Then we would make the long drive across town to mothers parents where Grandma always put out a spread of honey baked ham, sweet Italian sausage, potato salad, bean salad, olives, pickles etc. and fresh baked rye bread. It was buffet style so everyone just nibbled away. Oh and Grandma always had dozens of colored eggs, with our names on one special egg then we played the game "strongest egg" we would click one egg against the other and when one cracked the winner would keep going until his/her egg was cracked, everyone had a turn. The strongest egg holder got a giant Easter bunny. I hated when that day would end....Now I make the potato salad and sausage and my son gets a huge ham and we party at his home.... So what was your easter like then and now?