I should be the poster child for feminism. I raised two daughters alone. I built a successful business in an exclusively male field. I employed a workforce of highly educated males. I succeeded, but only to enable myself to return to the lifestyle from which I had previously been "liberated."

Rather than resisting my equality, men forced it upon me. I never wanted to be equal to a man. I always knew I was superior and I wanted to remain that way. As a housewife, I was a queen. When I was "liberated" from that I was forced to join the working class as an equal. I was reduced to proving the superiority to which I knew I had been born.

I never had the luxury of being equal to a man. Being equal was never enough. As a housewife, I was cared for by a husband because I was superior. I was female.

As a businesswoman I succeeded because my firm was superior. For every penny I ever earned, for every success I ever had, I proved that superiority over and over. If I had focused on being equal, I would never have survived.

Of course in order to even enter into the competition for superiority I had to first know it in my heart. I was fortunate to have grown up not knowing we were poor, but always knowing I was a queen.

I guess we all perceive feminism differently according to our experience.

smile