Sometimes when you have been totally focused on a project to the exclusion of outside interests, you suddenly find yourself at that all important juncture called marketing. Marketing is the most difficult aspect of any project today because of all the "stuff" that is out there. If you attend conventions and/or classes, they ALWAYS tell attendees to join forums and announce their wares. I heard one of those myself.

My point is that although we, as a forum, may feel that the Universe begins and ends here, that is not always what is going on with others. They don't mean to be impolite. They are just trying to survive - trying to figure out a way to at least recapture their investment in their dream. I realize that it would be a nightmare if it happened regularly, but you know and I know that unless they join in the discussions, no one is likely to respond to their product posting anyway. The truth is that even if they do take part in the forum, the odds are against it resulting in any monetary return. My comment to my husband when I heard the forum suggestion made in a class we attended was, "That is a complete waste of time. To be successful at such a venture, you would have to join hundreds of forums. Who has the time to chit chat on or read that many forums?

I'm sure that Lil was simply trying to expose her woman-related event to target audiences who might be interested. I hope that she finds this forum to be responsive to her - even if she didn't follow the "rules".

Good luck on your event!