Sue:
I'd like to get into the topic of psycho bosses and being laid off. It was and still is a source of pain for me and as long as you're giving me an "ear" I'm willing to share with you some of my experience. After 9/11 (and I worked at the WTC but thank God was spared) my organization went into a restructure and I, along with my group,were put to work under the supervision of a new boss, who had just started with the company. It didn't get off to a good start and I had bad feelings about him. I can get into specifics, instances and so on but it will have to be with several posts because, to be fair, it is quite lengthy. I worked for the company for 17 years but the last 3 were for him, as his executive assistant. Therefore, I had the misfortune of working closely with him. In all the years I worked for the company, with a number of managers and groups, where my position was often extended and my role was more demanding, I never had a problem and the number of years spent in the same firm speaks for itself. I lost several bosses, as happens, who left the company, but they always asked me to come with them, so I guess I couldn't have been too bad, could I? I always chose to stay because of the security in staying with the same place as benefits, etc. were adding up. In all the years there, I received great commendations and evaluations, all on record. In the end though, HR wasn't much help. I'll continue this later as I have to sign off right now.

[ February 18, 2006, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Scorpio115 ]