I can't answer that, but I DID do a "google" (my answer for everything) and here are some facts I picked up. I'm not a doctor, and I don't play one on TV, but I thought these were interesting. Yes?

We naturally lose about 100 hairs a day so if you are losing more than this, it is something that should be looked into. Please don't worry. An apparent increase in hair loss is a very common experience and will normally settle down. Stress is one of the main contributory factors. Anyway, there is some factors that attribute hair shedding:

* It has been documented that selenium sulfide (the active ingredient in selsun blue) causes hair loss;

*Do you have thyroid problem? Thyroid can also be reason for hair loss, so be sure to have the condition looked at.

*Are you over-processing your hair ie. coloring, bleaching, perming and straightening, if done improperly, can cause hair to break off or fall out, and you'll have to wait for healthy hair to grow back in. Frequent relaxing using a hot comb can cause permanent hair loss.

*Are you taking any certain drugs except ur multivitamin?Check your multivitamin whether it contains iron,zinc,vitaminB,C,E,copper.Those help prevent hair loss and greying. Certain drugs can also take their toll on once flourishing and healthy tresses. However, these conditions are usually temporary, the hair shedding stops and healthy re-growth occurs with time.

If you find that suddenly your hair is falling out in handfuls, it would be a good idea to mention the fact to the doctor or a dermatologist.