Brenda ,

I had jet black hair growning up and at sixteen I saw one gray hair and then it really started after I had my daughter and not sure why . I have read thyroid problems make gray hair . I had surgery on a thryord cyst last year and still have my right lobe and normal thyroid reading . So, not sure where I got it only from mother maybe .

I hate my gray hair which the hairdresser said it is white under all that color . For which I keep at a dark brown now. Clothes did not look good with my gray hair and I thought I looked like grandma smith ,but I couldn't she had jet black hair when she died and so did my father . I look at least I have been told I look 10 yrs younger . Hurray for me! I lost 20 pds and that helped me out a good bit . I went to the outlet and got new clothes this summer . Donated the old clothes to the hospital sale. That was a good thing.

I have seen some very pretty gray hair . My white hair looks like my 94 yr old mother now . My mother wanted me to color my hair . She did hers for a long time.

Just some thought on this .

[ September 14, 2005, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]