Well now, this just proves what a good man I'm married to. By the time he got home on Friday, I was fit to be tied because the construction problems just kept getting worse. My dear man simply decided to kill them with kindness...
On Saturday morning (they work 7 days a week here) my husband filled up our grandkids kiddie pool and put it under the one shade tree we have in the back. Then he filled both of our big orange coolers--one with lots of ice and lemonade, and one with lots of ice and water. He took them plastic disposable cups and he cut some gallon milk jugs to make scoopers so they could pour water from the pool over themselves. When he spoke to them in English) they just kept saying "Gracias, gracias."
So, Saturday afternoon we leave to get some errands done. When we returned the coolers and the pool were neatly stacked beside the back porch, and our driveway/sidewalk had been swept!!!
Hubby repeated his actions on Sunday, and again today before he left for work.
So far, these guys are being VERY appreciative.
Not only are the problems resolved, but I got a lesson in being a bit more kind and understanding about other people's situations...
Of course, there remains the issue of what all that lemonade is going to cost us [Razz]