Well, the best part is that I am gradually experiencing less swelling and less pain though I am still concerned about ever being able to walk without pain. And I fear that I will gain weight from immobility. With Dan still doing most of the cooking boy do I ever need some boomer prayer for not eating too much. (BTW it's almost impossible to cook or anything else while balancing yourself on one leg)

The doctor is apparently gradually aligning my ankle with the casts and I'm in my fifth cast now. This one only hurt the first day. Amen!
I have three more months to go and I am FRUSTRATED by the immobility, but I'm painting a nice painting editing a poertry book, and doing some press releases for an upcoming book fest.

So many people have been so nice. I thought I learned that during the numerous times before when I was confined to casts and beds, but maybe I needed to learn it again.

Thank you Dotsie and all for your concern and your prayers. This is a great place with great folks. Helps me get through one boring day after the other. Only three months to go and I get a walking cast in two months. Yippee!
smile