smile, I'm looking for an update from you.

I can totally relate to the reality of your surgery sinking in after the fact.

I tore my ACL a few years ago. My doctor had a great attitude. He told me I was young(God love him) and in good shape. He thought I'd breeze right through the physical therapy. [Eek!]

Well let me tell you...I followed suit with his optimistic attitude. Ah surgery...no biggie. I wouldn't even be awake for it. What's a night in the hospital? Blah, blah, blah!

It wasn't until a few days after the surgery when I was trying to figure out how to pick my injured leg up and get out of bed to go to the bathroom that I thought...maybe this is a bigger deal than I thought! [Eek!]

I kept my upbeat attitude and winced my way through physical therapy with the nicest PT ever. I even tried laughing with him when he layed me flat on my stomach, my bum leg hanging off the table with sand bags on it to straighten it out for the first time since surgery. [Eek!] I laughed through tears of pain. Thankfully the PT had a great attitude!

I pray you are surrounded by loved ones who can build you up for the next few weeks or months. Bless you smile until it's your turn to help others again. That time will come! [Big Grin] Revel in the time that others can care for you!