Chatty, is that the one the first weekend in November? I know about that, but the date is the same as a local fine arts center (indoors!) where I do really well. If it's a different one, send me any info you might have. I appreciate the couch offer!

...and to continue the whine:

Monday and Tuesday, tarp walls hanging over the upstairs bannister to dry, sweaters pants and socks hanging in every shower to dry, hand-dried non-hangable display stuff, etc. Plus I have to redo one of my 3x4' display cloths because there's a huge water stain -- all the jewelry is pinned to cloths, and this should be at least 7 hours work (tomorrow...)

Dotsie, the reason is MONEY. Nice display halls charge $$$$ to the promotor to hold the show, which is of course passed on to the crafter. All that security, lighting etc. adds up. The early November show at Cashman is ~$500 for 3 days, which means the artist has to take in a lot just to break even. I'll go if the show is recommended by other crafters. I also subscribe to a magazine which has crafter reviews.