Okay, You all know that I'm a newbie to writing. I've had a total of 1 essay published in actual print. I have decided that this qualifies me to call myself a writer. My 14 year old is apparently very proud of this and told his new
girlfriend's parents that his Mom is a writer.

Well.... It turns out that her Mom is also a writer, freelance, I'm assuming for magazines as I've not yet met her. And get this, her Dad is a writer too, even teaches a writing class at none other than Duke University.

I mean really...What are the chances of this happening? Well, obviously to me, very good but honestly, now I feel like a complete fool!

It wouldn't be so bad but he has told me that her mother has invited me to join one of her book clubs. I'm guessing that would neccessitate the actual meeting with her and talking to her about my own paltry little writing career. (I'm so embarrassed)

It took me years to get to this point, where I am finally admitting to the world that I have this disease, called writing.

In fact it was you wonderful women that helped me to do that. So now, I need your help again,
GET ME OUT OF THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, you are right, I got myself into it. (And the boy will be punished severely) But.....
Does anyone have any suggestions? Or possibly some witty quotes that I can memorize to make myself appear more intelligent and writerly? Can I toss your names around to show that I have some friends in "the" business? Or should I just come clean and say, haha I was only kidding, I'm not really a writer at all, I just play one on television?