Meredith,
I Hardly ever have a headache and can only imagine the pain of a migraine. It must be awful.
Body pain, however, I know intimately. Major car accidents at 15, 25 and 35 (the last after I had just got past the cancer thing). Long comas, multiple broken bones and numerous surgeries with each accident, one code blue, facial injuries, more than thirty broken bones, several crushed joints, a couple of severed tendons and no telling how many pulled tendons. The pain gets worse each year.
I try to ignore it.

Ignoring pain and smiling through it is all I've found that helps. Researchers say that a smile produces endorphins more effective than morphine. Endorphins also produce a 'high' like morphine. At one time they thought the 'high' produced the smile, but they have found that even a false smile produces some of the same pain relieving 'highs' as a real smile which eventually produce a real smile. Kind of the catch 22 of smiles I suppose. Which came first? The smile or the endorphin? [Smile]

I guess my policy boils down to "ignorance with a smile." [Smile]

But Miss M. I hope you'll check out the pain. Maybe there's something that can be corrected.

smile

[ March 21, 2004, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]