quote:
Originally posted by Dotsie:
Okay so I got your attention... [Big Grin]

I'm about to share the most Martha Stewartish project I've ever done. [Razz]

So you can either click to anothe rpost or read on.... [Razz]

Hopefully some of you will be able to use this idea during the season.

Since the kids were little we would always bake for our neighbors and on Christmas Eve my husabnd and the kids would drive around the neighborhood and deliver the goodies. TRADITION!
Still doing it last year at ages, 14, 15, and 17. We baked all kinds of cookies and always a Baby Jesus Cupcake on each glass plate that I bought from the dollar store.

The Baby Jesus cupcakes were simple to make. Cupcake mix, chocolate icing, coconut with yellow food coloring as hay and a plastic baby plunked down on the hay.

Well with the diabetics in the house I chose to bake less and do something else.

Are you ready for this ladies?

You know the clementines you buy in little crates this time of year? My family loves them, and so do I.

I save all those little wooden crates, spray paint them silver or gold, fill them with greens (all kinds), and put fruit and Christmas candy that I buy at Sam's Club, along with some little ornament that I buy at the dollar store (8 for a dollar), couple candy canes, and call it a gift/center-piece.

What do you think? Would Martha be proud or what?

If you don't buy the clementines, you could use boxes.

They look very Christmasy!

Anyone else have gift ideas?

My gift idea is Gifts in a Jar: http://bakingchristmascookies.com/season/jargifts.php

I love your memories of baking for your neighbors. A friend's mom always bakes a plate of cookies every year with homemade fudge I think. My mom often gave pecan sandies and German Christmas cookies. I think these homemade gifts are the antidote to the malls and the holiday debt we always seem to rack up on things we don't need. Have you ever tried to buy someone a gift who won't give you a clue about what they like, then they look disappointed when they open your gift?