I have a timeshare down the New Jersey shore and I love it. I live in New Jersey and really love being near the water even during our cold winters, so this is ideal for me. I have had it since 1998. I recently bought a two-bedroom TS. I have never regretted one minute of my timeshare ownership. However, timeshares are not for everyone. People often do not take time to understand that the expense of getting to their timeshare destination may be prohibitive. Or if not purchaging out right, that making the monthly payments can cost bring the cost up thousands of dollars depending upon the finance charge. The maintenance fee is an ongoing yearly fee and *must* be paid before you can use your time. All of this can prove to be a hardship.

My time is in what is called the "Yellow" season and thought not to be highly desirable. Evey once in a while I will get a call to upgrade to a more desirable time (and more expensive). I always explain that my birthday is in March--so there is no more desirable time for me.