Hello Ladies, I'm back from our trip to the Keys. We stayed for a few days then drove back. It's about a 6 hour drive for us from where we live.

Now for the big news. My husband "caught the bug" and wants to live in the keys. It's beautiful there, but VERY VERY expensive. Little one bedroom cottages sell for $200K and more. A house comparable to what we're living in now would cost us $800K or more.

Not only does my husband want to move, he wants to give up his job and work for less money living in the keys. He says he can get a job at more than 1/2 his current job and then "pick up" extra jobs on the side to make up the difference. He says this is his "dream."

As a side note, my husband just turned 38 this month and is feeling "old". (I know, I know, he's a lot younger than me, what can I say. [Smile] )

I don't know if I'm ready for such a life changing experience. We're quite comfortable where we are now. We enjoy a good life and are out of debt (except mortgage and car payment.)

I have some serious medical needs that I'm not sure can be met in the keys. But living in the keys might also help with my anxiety. However, I should not be counted on as a second income except for what I bring in in royalties from my books.

But, right now, just thinking about selling our house, moving, giving up my husband's job, the unknown, uncertainty, and basically having to start over at this point in our life really gives me a HUGE panic attack.

Am I being selfish? Should suck it up and give my husband his dream? What if we end up homeless?