Eagle, The Trapp Lodge is beautiful. Pricey, but lovely. The food is out of this world and they give you too much of it. It's just up there surrounded by gorgeous mountains. We went in the summer so the flowers were very pretty also.

Maria gets a little confusing. What I hadn't known was that in the movie, they changed the names of some of the children. So, of course to me, Maria was the mother (Julie Andrews). She's been dead for many years, which is what I thought. One day, we saw this old woman with white braided hair walking through the dining room. My husband jokingly told me it was Maria. I told him she had to be dead by now. (yet it made me wonder)

The next night, the same woman walked by the lounge while we were in there. Again, he said he thought it was Maria and that I should interview her. I was writing travel stories for the paper at the time. I asked the piano player and he said it WAS Maria. I almost fainted. "It would be so awesome if I could get an interview with Maria von Trapp," I told him. Then the piano player explained that they had changed the names for the movie and that there were TWO Maria's. In real life, one of the daughters was named Maria as well. It was the daughter. And she was OLD. I didn't end up interviewing her, but I did do a story for the paper complete with my own photos of the place. I got some very nice pictures of the Trapp Lodge, Stowe and Montreal on that trip. I also did a whole other story on Stowe VT.

Louisa