Wow. how funny. we just returned from a trip through new mexico, arizona, colorado and a quick zip into las vegas. i understand how you feel about the gradeur of the canyon. there are no pictures that do it justice. we took 9 regular rolls of film 2 panoramic rolls and i took 147 digital pics. The temperature was steaming. I went through an entire tube of 50+ sunblock and we used spray bottles to keep cool(or to try to anyhow)
Las Vegas smelled awful! [Embarrassed] I dont know why but the smell was outrageous. We set a gambling limit of $20 and that was exactly what i spent. The free things were nice, the Bellagio fountain and the eruption of the volcano at the Mirage were cool. Then we went on to the North and South rim of the Canyon. We got in free because of my disabled card which was nice. We saw the Petrified Forest and the Painted Desert. [Razz] Took lots of pics there. We swam in Lake Mead which lets out below the Hoover Dam. It was so cold it turned our legs red in like four seconds. [Big Grin] I think it was about 40 degrees. We bought indian jewelery. The most beautiful views were in colorado. The mountains were breathtaking. We also went to the healing springs there. And my friend went fly fishing.
[Wink]
Well, i am tired. gotta lie down
[Roll Eyes] -oleladee