I only put this in travel 'cause I couldn't think of a better place. Caloona mentioned in her post about Menopause the Musical that she has a hard time doing things alone. She asked if we have any suggestions on getting over that.

I guess it depends on the reason we won't do things alone. I remember I didn't like to eat out alone because if someone saw me they might think I didn't have anyone to eat with, think I was a loser, whatever..., doesn't she have a husband, friends, etc...WHO CARES WHAT THEY THINK?

How insecure of me to worry about what people think, but you have to understand that I have been spending most of my adult life getting over that because it was ingrained so much as a child...What will the neighbors think? [Mad]

Fortunately I have gotten over that and actually enjoy going places alone. I seem to revel in the peace and quiet, an opportunity to unwind, relax, and be peaceful. [Razz] Not having to consider if the other person is enjoying themself.

Caloona was talking about going to a show alone, and I haven't done that and don't know if I would. Her point was that it is better to share it with someone. I agree!

What are the reasons we don't do things alone(if that's the case) and how do we get over it?