Looking Up, I'm sure they do celebrate in 'Hotlanta' since the ratio of the people that most benefited the doctor's message is so high.

I am originally from a historically black college town where we celebrated majorly too. We had plays, programs, parades...you name it. It appears that the older we get, the more we can appreciate his message. Although I knew what his message was about during those years, after living life in this divided world, his message is angelic and much appreciated.

Dotsie, I can see why that sermon/affirmation would have you misty-eyed. That was beautifully written. Was it delivered with soulful emotions? However it was delivered, those words were powerful and only a Hitler could 'not' appreciate them. Every combination of how discrimantion henders all parties was touched with that speech.

I didn't even hear or visit a program celebrating Dr. King this year. I was misty-eyed just by looking at the news here in Wisconsin and touched because after all of the years I've lived here, I finally see us (news stations/schools/radio) evolving...actually actively taking a part in closing the gaps that hurt all of us; not just the targeted parties. We still have a ways to go but it's a tear jerker to see the infant steps, finally.

Thank you kindly for sharing it.

Sugaree

[ January 16, 2005, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Sugaree ]