Chatty, the memories you have of your Eddie are so special...i get choked up everytime you tell one of your Eddie stories...I love them!!!

I wasn't very romantic in the early years of my marriage.I never wanted to leave my babies overnight,but when my oldest child turned 13 my husband convinced me to go away for 2 nights to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary I cried all the way to our hotel..so afraid my kids would meet some terrible fate while I was gone but once we arrived at the hotel...and I had a long hot bath with no little hands knocking at the door,then we had a leisurely meal at a grown up restaurant with real linen napkins and non plastic flatware [Smile] ...I began to relax..and remembered how great it was to be "Nancy and Ray" for a couple of days and not "Mommy and Daddy"..Since that time we have tried to go someplace alone every year and just be girlfriend and boyfriend again for a few days...although I m always eager to get back to my role as "Mommy".Some years it just wasn't possible to get away especially when my mother was very ill...or other family obligations took precedence. But We have been to some very romantic beaches,Bermuda, Nassau, St Thomas, St John's, Cayman Islands, Aruba, Maui, Puerto Vallerta, Cancun , Marco Island.(we've been married forever!) We really look forward to our alone time now so we can just be silly if we feel like it without our children rolling their eyes in disgust:)..looking forward to those little romantic getaways has gotten me thru some very rough times..and makes me realize how blessed I am to be married to such a good guy.

Happy Anniversary Rick and June..your weekend sounds like perfection!!

Dotsie..where do you and Ross like to go?