The love of my life, my husband, just had cancer surgery. My birthday was yesterday and he surprised me with cards and gifts that he bought prior to his surgery because he was afraid he would not be able to afterward during recovery. I expected and was comfortable with the day passing by but it was the most remarkable day.

Since we have been living in the here and now of late, I can honestly say that if he or I were to pass on tomorrow there is nothing that we wished we would have said to one another. That is a soul mate in my opinion. To say anymore to him would be repetitive.

Of course, we hug, kiss and sometimes just communicate with our eyes. Sounds corny but it gives me goose bumps. This is more profound than a quick romp if you get my drift.And more lasting.

We have been together for 23 years and married for 18. We have an almost 5 year old son - that will give all you boomers a glimpse of what our life is like and our energy level. Not to mention the inability to even speak during dinner! Thanks girls you have helped during this trying time.