Dennis and I enjoy going out to eat in our favorite restaurants. Sometimes we splurge and go to a movie at the mall..sometimes we just go shopping together. He has gotten much more patient in regards to shopping than he used to. I still, however, reserve clothing shopping and certain female interests for trips with my daughter, Becky. Usually Dennis and I shop together for gifts for the grandkids' birthdays or Christmas.
We go to family get togethers together, church whenever we can ( my job has me away at work until about 9:30 a.m. so am usually exhausted by the time I get home and often am asleep when Dennis gets home from church at 10 a.m. When I no longer have to work every weekend, we will go to church together more often.
I like to surprise him with little gifts, like the newest book by his favorite author, a hunting magazine, a package of new socks or handkerchiefs, or a new shirt or pair of Jeans. He buys me flowers and romantic cards. Sometimes he'll bring home a treat for me, like chocolates or ice cream.
We try to make dates together, with just the two of us alone...but enjoy inviting the entire family to the pizza hut for supper from time to time as well.