I have come to the decision that any time spent with my husband alone takes making a date and sticking to it. Between the job, school, housework and grandkids, not necessarily always in that order, I am spread very thin, although you wouldn't know it to look at me! I told Dennis the other day that even though I will be scheduled every weekend in June and July, I will plan to take at least my Sundays off when the fall term starts. Then if he wants to go out to eat, I can do it. I will have to schedule my homework around all of this activity, but I don't want him to feel neglected. He spends so much time alone these days, since he quit drinking, he is not invited to as many social gatherings as he used to be and just sits at home watching tv, often going to bed by 8 or 8:30 at night from boredom.
Enjoy your private time with your spouse whenever you can. So often, they can be neglected with other family demands and work demands. Of course, sometimes the shoe is on the other foot and its the wife who ends up taking the leftovers. For those, I say, "get a hobby, and keep trying to schedule getaways."