It breaks my heart when I think that my son lived the first 25 years of his life - a lie. If living a 'hetero' life could have changed him - I would not be visiting this thread now.

I wish I could post of picture of my two boys and let you decide if you can tell which one is gay. I've done just that with friends and no one has picked the correct one.

He played sports, he dated girls, he really wanted to be something that he was not. I will never forget the night that we sat on the front curb of our home, while he cried like a baby. At 25 years of age, he finally told me what I already knew. He was afraid that we would disown him (which is not all that unusual.) I cradled his 6'2" shoulders and just held him tight while he cried out all of the pain that he had held in for so long.

My husband did have a difficult time for awhile. He wanted desperately to think that it was always just a phase. But, he has come miles in accepting and showing his love to his son. He's his greatest supporter now.

He is now - finally happy. He is working in an industry that embraces him for who he is. He's finding his way - which you'd expect most 32 year old men have already done, only the first 25 years didn't count.

I hope and pray that he will find someone to share his dreams with. The same as I pray for my heterosexual son. Why should one be denied anything that the other is not.