Dianne, I've never met a gay man with a lisp, so can't help you on that one.

I also understand about our children and our differing views. My daughter absolutely loves "American Beauty". I like it but am not madly in love with it. She is the one who talked me into going to see Brokeback Mountain. I didn't get to go with her the first time she saw it, but she went with me to see it. We both cried during the last half.

The movie does not make homosexuality seem any way except that they find they have something that keeps compelling them to meet with each other once a year. It does not promote homosexuality or same sex relationships. Matter of fact both men are married throughout most of the film.

I think it is just a very well written love story that shows how you do not pick whom you fall in love with. However, they never say they are in love with each other. They, matter of fact, struggle with this situation throughout the entire film. It really is a great film and on that should touch on the heart about two people caught in a situation they do not know how to end.

Hope that helps.
Sandpiper