Last night my daughter who lives in Omaha called to say she and her dad (my ex) both received letters from someone looking for me to help me retrieve money.

This man named John Pagano of CitiVest Group out of Apopka, FL, said that when I defaulted on "my" home in Flagler Co. FL after the death of my husband, that the property was sold for $30,000 more than it took to pay back taxes and pay off the lending company.

According to this man, since I'm the only legal heir of this money it is mine. He says the money is sitting in Flagler Circuit Court and if it isn't claimed by me, it will be absorbed into their revenue.

He wants to meet with me today referring to himself as a member of a team which has a lawyer and real estate people, who will go to court with all their ducks lined up in a row and retrieve the money for me for 20% of the pot. In other words, there supposedly is $30K sitting there and they would get $6K and I would get the rest.

He says all he needs is a copy of my birth certificate, a death certificate and a photo ID and wants me to sign all this paperwork giving them the right to retrieve it for me or act in my behalf.

He said they, meaning he would mail me a check in around 12-16 weeks. He wants to meet me at Bank of America today at 4:45 after I get off work. He called again and wanted to meet me where I work for lunch, on my lunch break.

I smell a rat! Why can't I just go to the courthouse with the same documentation and retrieve the money if it is truly there and is mine??

Can someone please help me??