In my new job, I bid on natural gas and fuel oil for about 50+ school districts. I work from the commodity exchange to do this. So I get up to the minute reporting on what the market is doing.

The latest is that the UN declared Iran is in violation of treaties and are considering sanctions. The large oil producing countries use their oil supply as power instead of main economy supply for thier countries. Therefore, we know Iran will react and not favorably. Natural gas dropped on Fridya by $1.00 dcth. This won't last and by Friday next week it will be up that $1. and maybe more.

The fuel oil barket is driving the natural gas market. Their is more in reserves than has been for the past decade at this time of year. We have plenty of fuel. Specualtion is driving the market sky high. Most buyers of gas on the exchange are investors aned will never see any fuel. The users (in my case the schools) only make up 20% of the purchasers on the market. So buy some gas, wait for it to go up and sell to the guy who needs the fuel, the guy who will use it in his fields or drive the kids to school etc.

Check your portfolios and see if your financial advisor -put oil in your portfolio to make a buck. Many have and this too is contributing to the rising price. The distributor is not making the money and is having the same problems we are are. The oil exectuvies are doing well and the portfolio owners are doing well.

Bio-fuels have been on the market since 1946. They are fine for all combustible engines. A bit cheaper but harder to obtain. Once we all begin to use them and demand them we will be able to get it cheaper.

Just my 2 cents.
Lynn