I live out in the country and 2 other coworkers live about 5 miles further out, yet not to fond of car pooling b/c I like to run my errands on the way home and try to keep my car parked at least one day on the weekends to conserve gas. Also, I attend night school.

However, other coworkers do car pool and some are begining to walk. I'm also conserving in other ways to offset the gas price increase: i.e., I take my drinks to work, and fill the empty bottles at work to water my plants at home; keep a small notebook w/ me to jot down items I need and purchase all at one time to alleviate having to run out again; keep air condition @ 76 degrees, and open windows at night -- keep blinds closed while at work to keep house cool for animals; switched to battery operated alarm clock and unplug all unnecessary appliances; clean house during daylight to conserve electric; alleviate use of vehicle air condition while driving home; and so forth.

If any of ya'll have other ways of saving, please do post -- I'd love to know new ways of saving!