I have six grandchildren. Only one granddaughter - who is 12 years old. I found out a couple of weeks ago that she has been having sex. My oldest son is her father. Her mother and father divorced a couple of years ago, but have been separated for a few years. The mother is a drug addict and has spent time (several) in prison. My son is an alcoholic. The children (there are three) have been living off and on between their other grandmother and their mother. A couple of years ago she moved in with a man who beats her and the children. DFACS pulled the children out of there (thank God!) and placed them with their "Nana". These children have been through so much in their short lives.
I live about an hour and a half away from them, but I try to see them as much as possible. They are always begging me to stay with me. Anyway, I had a talk last week with my granddaughter about sex (something her mother should have done). We have always had a very close relationship. I know she heard what I said, but I don't know if she listened.
Anyone have any suggestions as to how to help this little girl?