FOr those of you who don't know, Candice is my niece and the editor for my writing project.

My sister whom I'm asking prayers for is her mom. I hadn't mentioned my sister's cancer until Candice did so now I feel safe asking for prayers. I try very hard not to share other's news if I think they might not appreciate it.

I've since mentioned this to my sister and she said to please ask for prayers and also, if anyone else has had DCIS.

She was just diagnosed 2 1/2 weeks ago and will have surgery on Monday. That will be followed by radiation and perhaps tomoxifin.

She is 99% curable! [Big Grin]

Please pray for her strength, a continued good attitude, the awareness of the presence of God throughout her treatments, and for her to be surrounded by loved ones.

Thanks so much.

FYI she has all of her results from labs and other doctors sent to her GP. The radiologist told her she'd see her in a year. Her Gyn. missed it in the report sent to her...and her GP read the report, called her, and said he'd feel better if she had a biopsy due to a change he saw! DIdn't think it was anything, but it would make him feel better!

This is the same doctor who when my dad shared he could no longer mow the lawn without taking breaks, suggested he have some tests run. VOila...Dad had 4 way bypass surgery after getting the test results! He saved my dad and now he saved my sis. [Smile]

Had to share since we're sometimes harsh onthe medical professionals. There are still doctors who CARE! [Big Grin]

Keep searching for good doctors who listen...