Another update: the memorial service for Jordon last Saturday was all we could have hoped it to be. Robin had carefully chosen her favorite songs to sing (contemporary Christian music), and we had some members of our music group from church there to lead the singing. The church was filled with friends, family, co-workers, and church members. My friend, Pat, who was our prayer group leader for years and now often teaches at retreats and conferences, etc., spoke about how Jordon had reacted to the prayer service that they had for him during his illness. It was very moving and comforting to us. We played a song (the CD comes with the book) and showed the pages of a book that I had put into a Powerpoint slideshow called, "I Love You This Much." This was a book that I sang to Jordon almost every night toward the end of his life and if anyone out there has a grandchild, I would highly recommend getting it and reading it to him/her. My daughter spoke about what a strong spirit her son had and how many lives he was able to touch in his few short years. She also spoke about how her faith was what had kept her strong throughout the 21 months since Jordon's diagnosis. I read a couple of pages that I had written about what it meant to be Jordon's grandma, and of course, our Pastor had wonderfully encouraging words to say.

Now we need to allow ourselves time to grieve and hold each other up through the coming birthday (September 7th) and then Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. I know that it will be very hard. We have all agreed to go away for Christmas this year as we don't know how we could bear being home without Jordon for that particular holiday.

I cannot tell you all just how much your prayers have meant to our family during this time.