An update on how we're doing:
I wanted to let you know that last night, I had a chance to pray with two sisters-in-the-Lord from the prayer group that I was a member of for 27 years - I only stopped going because I needed to spend time with Jordon. The instant those two dear sisters laid hands on my shoulders and began to pray, I was filled with a peace that surpassed understanding. One of them prayed that whenever I entered into the Lord's presence to pray that I would remember that Jordon was in the Lord's presence, also - so our spirits would be close together whenever I was praying and that really helped. I also take comfort in the thought that at least we had him in our lives for almost four years, and he touched so many lives - even the lives of a lot of people who never met him or our family.

I returned to work yesterday but will be off again on Friday since my brother- and sister-in-law from Florida are coming in for the memorial service on Saturday, and they will be staying at our house. I'm really glad they could come. I also have a favorite cousin whom I haven't seen for about 5 years, coming from California and some other cousins are coming from New Hampshire. All of that helps us to heal since you can focus on others for a while. I am currently making a list of things I can do to fill the void that Jordon's passing has created in my life. For the past three years, my life has been devoted to Jordon and my daughter, so there is a very big hole. But I know that God will come and wrap His arms around me whenever I need Him. He never goes away, and I can always find Him.

It means so much to me to know that all of my BWS sisters have been holding us up in prayer. I've received some wonderful help in private messages from a lot of you. I thank God that I found this site when I did.

Now, if I could just find this kind of support for my husband (and he would accept it!) since he's the one who is recently retired and will be at home by himself.

Thankfully, my daughter has a lot of wonderful friends who have literally held her up through this past week. Robin will be returning to her job as a high school math teacher on August 25th. I believe this will be very demanding since she has been on a leave of absence since November 2002 to take care of Jordon).

I believe that being busy is good for us. I also know that we need time to grieve and to heal, and we will do that as the days and weeks and months go by.

May God bless you all,

Joyce