Hi everyone,

My brother needs prayers!
He called me last night just heartbroken.

He has a bird that he has had for 2 months - you know how it is - she was part of the family. Would give him "kisses" ride along on his shoulder, the whole 9 yards.

Last night he found her dead underneath a pillow. My brother's girlfriends 3 yr old had either hit it with a pillow - or smothered it. He doesn't know which.

The 3 yr old is precious. Very smart - but has been through alot in her short 3 yrs.

He is angry, disappointed, and wants her to take responsiblity. I told him gently that she is only 3 ....and that I think he is asking for too much.

I also told him that the little girl is more important then the bird - and that he just needs to lover her up. We all know that when you have children in a home - things get broken. And what is more important - the vase your grandmother gave you - or the child? (I'm NOT advocating abusing animals - I love them too!)

If anyone has a good resource for him - about what to expect from a 3 yr old - I would appreciate it. He is new to the "parenting" thing - and I think needs some input!

I DID sympathize with him - and encouraged him to have a good cry -- but maybe I'm wrong, the little girl needs him to "reconnect" with her - not be "disassociated" from her!

Thank you for praying -- these are not little things -- as you know, these are big things that build in our soul and need to be looked at objectively.

danita

p.s. I also indicated to him that him and his girlfriend need to be keeping a closer eye on the little one. It is their responsiblity to keep her safe and out of trouble!