While at a recent Bible study on the book of James, a friend shared that she was repeatedly saying, "slow to anger, slow to anger, slow to anger", trying to remove some of her anger and the tension in the household.

Well girls, I adopted her slow to anger chant for myself about a week and a half ago. Guess what...it's working.

Ask and you shall receive!

Funny, thinking back there were two days that haven't been the best and they were the last two Sundays. Hmmmm, I guess it's because everyone is home after church figuring out what they are doing, who needs to go where, can I this, can I that, I have to this and I have to that, will you please this and will you please that! Get the picture?

Other than that, when I feel like I am getting upset, I start my chant. It distracts me, allows me to think about why I am getting angry, makes me think about my tone of voice, and if it is really worth rocking the boat and changing the tone of the household. I have found that it usually isn't and that the problem can be solved without all the anger!