I DID cook once...hummm, seems SO long ago...

Since my gastric bypass, I can't eat a lot at a time but eat five or six small meals a day. Dad is on the same program because of the cancer surgery. I am working 40 to 50 hours a week at the bus company, taking care of Dad and then the 91 year old aunt....who has the time or the energy to cook??

I live on nuts, soups, port-wine cheese and breadsticks, salads, fruit, gallons of water and iced tea, coffee and the occasional bagel or English muffin with neufchatel cheese and honey for the most part. I make a messy meat sauce (Classico Four Cheese with lots of ground beef, pork, chicken and turkey (I load my protein that way)and mushrooms)) a few times a month that I put on steamed squash or spinach, and I make a pot roast or a pork roast or chicken once in a while. Dad eats a big breakfast out every day with my uncle and then has lunch at his house while I am at work, and then he has snacks all the time. He seems to crave salty or sour things, or smoked things, and strong-smelling or tasting stuff. He eats a lot of hotdogs, knockwurst and beans, tons of spinach, and a lot of real licorice. The chemo seems to rob him of his appetite and his taste for things. he is down to 150 again....so I need to start to cook, for sure!!