Jaw Jaw: You made my day! [Big Grin] Girl, you are toooo much! I've laughed so hard!

Dotsie: I'm glad to know I'm not the only one!

I used to bake desserts at least once a week. I spent hours looking for some new ways to prepare things, etc. I even tried writing down my recipes, in hopes of writing a cookbook. Man! I used to LOVE to cook, and enjoyed so much cooking for the crowd. (Being the oldest at home, I've been cooking daily since I was 10).Whenever the family (my siblings) gets together, guess who is the cook?

Now, with the kids grown, different schedules, and a husband that (I think that's what's wrong and I sure do hope it is that... [Confused] ) yearns for his salvadoran food... well, I don't feel like there's anything I can please him with, you know what I mean [Frown] ?

I just cook but don't enjoy it as much (the process). Now, I don't bother to go the extra mile as often. I have one kid who eats at home, another who rarely eats at home and a husband who eats but never seems content with whatever I prepare.During summer, I have a husband and two kids who eat regularly at home. Sometimes, the third one decides he'll have some.

Some days I cook breakfast, unless they want bagels, cereal, etc. Or I'll fix them a fresh fruit salad. I always have one kid coming home for lunch (during his summer job). My husband sometimes comes home for lunch. And I always cook dinner.

So you see? Lots of time in kitchen. Another problem is that my dear husband doesn't have a specific time to come. 6, 7, 10 pm, who knows?
And let me tell ya-if I've only had fruits, by then I'm gonna have to cheat [Eek!] and eat something else!!!!

Oh, and to make matters worse, there always has to be some icecream around [Roll Eyes] !!!

It's NOT FAIR [Mad] [Big Grin]

As for me, I can live on salad, fruit, raw veggies and cook only once in a while [Smile] .