Micki's Mortons' Beef and Bleu

Buy the BEST tomatoes you can (We use our own home-grown in the summer, and go to the Costco or the Whole Foods Market in the winter to get them so they aren't cardboard!!It doesn't matter whether they are large or small, you just cut them up differently to make a pretty platter, but the large flat slices "fanned" look wonderful on the buffet!!) Arrange them on a large flat platter and then GENEROUSLY top with a good crumbled bleu cheese. Pour a good bleu cheese dressing over just before serving, and garnish with some fresh parsley.

We also add sliced onions (Vidalias when we can get them.) between the sliced tomatoes (like stairsteps) when we can get decent large tomatoes. Also, we have just tossed cherry or cocktail tomatoes with the cheese and dressing before, but it's not as nice a display as the large platter.

This is WONDERFUL!!!!!

They serve the original version at Mortons' Of Chicago and that's where we had it. I "stole" the recipe and added onions (We LOVE them!!). If I am feeling really frisky, I make my own bleu cheese dressing, but I usually use the jarred one that is available at Giant in the fresh veggie department, or the one that Whole Foods sells.