God has been strengthening me, that's for sure. Wasn't sure where to post this, but I did want to share how God has been touching my life.

My future husband (hehehe) and I are not seeing each other right now and I can't say I blame him. You remember how I met him, at the grocery the same day I blurted out a one liner half-joking prayer for a husband. That was in March. Through this relationship I discovered I had an issue I needed to work on, and with God's help I have been, with counseling, prayer and some very good and patient friends. My problem is that I tended to dump people (men and women) the first time they did something wrong, rather than discuss it with them and work it out. Also, when I'm dating someone, when things start getting a little rocky, which it eventually does in most relationships, I'm gone and outta there.

I asked God to bring people into my life who I had hurt and last weekend he brought the first one. I ran into her at Borders and we ended up spending 2 1/2 hours together. She forgave me and asked me to forgive her also.

On Sunday, I was feeling very lonely and I asked God to take that feeling away. I was missing my FH. So God filled my day with friends and family, beginning with a friend who overslept and ended up at my service. There are a few other ways God has let me know He is listening and answering my prayers.

I don't know if I will be with FH again, but my relationship with him caused my eyes to be opened to something that had caused me a lot of loss and grief. Maybe God intended it to happen so I would be prepared for a future relationship.

So, I'm going on with my life, having some fun, working and I will date if I ever meet anyone. I am still praying for FH, but not that we would get back together, but simply for God to protect him and bring him back to the church. After all, He knows what FH needs better than I do.

Sorry this is so long!

Daisygirl

laurapoplin.com