For the past few years, we've been able to get almost all of our shopping done well before the first of December. That always helps ease those packed mall/no parking/long lineups stressors. And whatever else we need in the way of stocking stuffers or groceries, we do early weekday mornings when the malls are still fairly quiet.

My stress if mostly self-induced. Imagining every possible scenario and trying to prepare for all of those! Having experienced power outages, flu outbreaks and various other calamities in past years, it's difficult not to get stressed out just trying to anticipate "what's it going to be this year!"

I love Christmas. But I've been floundering ever since Mom died and the entire Christmas "thing" for BOTH sides of the family fell on my shoulders at the same time. My choice would be a quiet, low key celebration of Jesus' birthday...going to church in the morning, etc. But we're such a diverse blend of family and traditions, it's not easy to make it what I want it to be without a lot of other people being impacted...and of course, everyone, no matter how old they get, still wants Christmas just the way it used to be in their respective families.

We're slowly changing the direction and flow of Christmas, but have found that we can only make a few significant changes a year. The one thing we all want more than anything else is to have as much family gathered together as possible. So making compromises and working hard "behind the scenes" to ensure it all goes as smoothly and frictionless as possible is frazzling, but worth it in the end, I guess.

Still, we're seriously considering a Christmas Cruise next year... [Cool]