okey dokey...try these...2 cups flour (Hudson Cream makes wonderful biscuits...cut in about 1/3 cup shortening (I like Crisco butter flavored). When pea size chunks, pour in enough buttermilk (with the fat left in, thank you very much!) and mix all that together *until* it just holds together and can be patted out in about a 6 or 8 inch circle. pat it out (don't dirty a rolling pin), cut with a number 10 can (more or less) and you should get about 5 or 6 biscuits. take the scraps and sort of meld them together into a biscuit shape and stick 'em all in a greased (oh excuse me...an OILED) pan. for extra oomph I'll brush the tops with butter (don't bother to melt it was the oven will work with you there), bake at 450 or thereabouts until they are done. that's maybe 20, 25 minutes...I don't really know because my stove is an original 1914 Acorn and I work with it <g> to get it to bake. my oven temps are "approximate" <g>.

now, when they come out of the oven, have ready a bit of heated sorghum molasses in a pan. take a pinch of baking soda and throw into the pan and start whipping up that mess immediately! it will foam like crazy and turn a caramel brown. split and butter (yes, I said butter!) a biscuit or three and then pour some 'lasses over top.

tell folks to leave you alone for the next part as you're having a divine experience!

EAT.