I am amazed that so many of you have had these things happen to you. Dotsie, I pray for your son and his friend to put this behind them.

I came from a little Town called "Hearts Delight", in Canada that lives up to its name.In a town of 856 people who all know each other on a first name basis, practically every family owns a firearm. I had mine and a moose (for food) license to boot. The crime rate is next to nil. Maybe if Joe's brother owes him 20 bucks, Joe might steal his BBQ Grill in the wee hours of the morning.(of course bro would steal it back the next weekend)

Here in Oklahoma I have 2 hand guns, and like Chatty I keep them very close. I don't know what I'd do if I ever had to use one [Frown] .I am afraid to have it under my pillow. How does one do that?

I can't imagine having someone in my house while I'm sleeping, and even worse, I can't imagine waking up while they're there.

I thank God for Buddy(my little Dog) who has a bark like a German Shepherd and will give me a head start at least.

chickadee