This is a hard one. I have three grown children and we have done some bailing and some not bailing. Each kid has been different in their response to money. My oldest son is 25 and living in New York. He is a starving actor, tried college but then quit because he wanted to try and make a go of it on his own. For his 21st birhtday we bought him a brand new car and agreed to make the payments until he graduated or quit school. Well we just finished paying on his car this last June of which he only contributed to for a few months. We will be getting the car in January to do with what we want because he really has no use for it in NYC. He rarely asks us for money. My second son is 23 years old and a senior in college. He bought his own car agreeing to make the payments but once he got involved in college he had to stop, so we took over his payments for him to avoid getting our credit messed up. He also had messed up three semesters at the University of Alabama before we decided to bring him home and make him go to a state school. He also needs to find a way to pay for his own college although we do help out with his rent and food expenses. When he goes for his Master's in the fall he will be doing it on his own except for the car payments. Now my 20 year old daughter is another story. She is living at home with her one year old daughter. Has had three attemps at starting school and is starting her last chance in January if she messes that up I told her we are no longer bailing her out. We also bought her a brand new car a year and a half ago. Because she needed a safer car for driving her baby around. We are making payments on this car also. Now she wants to move into an apt with some co-workers and her baby. We will see how that goes. I babysit for her while she works and when she goes to school I will babysit then also. So ladies where do I draw the line. Yes you have to let them become responsible but it is so hard to decide when to let go.

Chris(angel) [Confused]