Passing judgement on children who are different drives me crazy! [Mad]

My daughter attends a very small school for children with learning differences. The kids are different because they've had to battle the world of mean kids, impatient teachers, and sometimes unaccepting parents.

Why does everyone have to be a cookie cutter?

By the grace of God she was accepted to this school in sixth grade and it's heaven on earth for kids who learn differently.

The teachers get the fact that the kids aren't lazy or stupid. They embrace these kids, lift them up, and encourage them beyond belief.

I just saw a friend whose son left to go to another high school because they thought he was ready to transition. She's sorry they took him out because the teachers at the new school think he should be punished for his grades. They think he's lazy and doesn't want to learn. He doesn't feel accepted. They don't get the fact that all kids can't learn from a lecture! Don't get me started!

Some of the students at my daughter's school are geniuses, but just because they may not have perfect social skills, excell at everything, wear the right clothes (whatever they are), play 3 sports, blah, blah, blah...society looks down on them.

What a boring world this would be if everyone was the same!