Oh great...now I've forgotten who initiated the netversation!

Your son is 17 - what a wonderful learning experience for him! Let him learn how to do this and he might find out he's a natural at sales. There's *nothing* like knowing that if you don't sell, you don't eat. It keeps a person sharp, it hones their skills, it's a great way to live. At least someone is seeing the boy's potential and asking him to take a chance on himself...and at 17! How wonderful...

I've a friend who is 27 and is still ho-de-do-ing around the country. She lacks an internship <meaning she does the work but doesn't get paid> in order to finish her B.A. and hasn't been able to find an internship in THREE YEARS! Come on!!! I saw how she dressed for her last interview and now I've got an inkling of what the problem might be. Or, maybe I just don't understand that people don't dress for interviews anymore??? Army fatigue pants which "sort of" hung on her hips, a skimpy spaghetti string top, no bra but I know she had on underpants because I could see them riding above her fatigue pants...I'm not picking on my friend but I'm saying has the work world changed all that much? Is this really an okay way to dress for an interview? BTW, she's a music therapy major, a 5 year degree from Loyola. Maybe that's what makes the difference...musicians are different?

I'm obviously, hopelessly out of touch!