Hi everyone, I'm having yet another frustration concerning POD (print-on-demand.) Or maybe I'm not used to being told "no." As you know, I am new to Colorado Springs. When I lived in Kansas City region, I did not have a problem when approaching Barnes & Noble for a signing, especially during April. I would supply the books, BN would ring them through their cashier, then BN headquarters would take their 20% cut and mail me a check for the rest of the proceeds. Okay, yesterday I went to Borders and asked for an event in April since it is Child Abuse Prevention Month and Sexual Assault Awareness & Prevention Month, topics covered in my book. Borders GM took my card and said, "Let me look at something first." What he looked at in the system was whether or not my book was POD. Then he said they usually don't do POD because the books are not returnable on their system. I said I supply the books. He then said I should talk to the district manager. I followed with BN with a phone call today and reached the most smug "community events manager" that I ever encountered. No, he doesn't do POD. No, he doesn't have room in April. (There are 30 days in April!) No, he never heard of the arrangement I made with the BN headquarters. He was smug and abrupt, like POD is an unruly step-child of publishing. Or perhaps he thinks the topics are "Not in my backyard." Plus, this BN has a writer's group that meets weekly, and I was thinking of going. So, I stewed while doing Pilates. Huh, I'll show him. I'll write a letter to headquarters. I won't frequent his store. I won't join the writer's club! But, honestly, that would get me nowhere. I'm going to join the group, make myself and my writing known, get a TV station to cover me in April, and show that smug naysayer what he missed out on! Or if you have any suggestions, please let me know! Love and Light (just what Mr. Smug must be needing) Lynn