During the past few years I've enjoyed watching my kids do Valentine's Day with their friends of the opposite sex.

They've done everything from CVS candies and stuffed animals, boxed Valentines, Valentine grams at school, making cards, sending and receiving roses between schools (fund raiser), candles, buying 2 dozen inexpensive roses. Good Lord, my son had a friend who gave a girl 4 dozen roses last year. I decided I wanted his disposable income! [Big Grin]

It's taken me back to standing at The Card Mart when I was in my teens and shoveling through card after card trying to find the perfect one the perfect size, the perfect price. That wasn't too suggestive, too corny, too funny, or goofy, silly, weird, you name it. It had to be just right. I remember standing there with my friend taking forever. Offering cards back and forth to seek approval. Being embarrased when I saw neighbors who were my parent's friends while it was obvious I was picking a card for a boy and not my parents. Like there was something wrong with that! What a weirdo I was. How funny. And then, a friend's mother worked there so when I payed I turned the card over so she couldn't see the exact card I picked, only the price.

Those memories reminded me how important this love stuff is to our kids at this stage of the game.

[ February 14, 2004, 10:05 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]