The Bible tells us that when God forgives us of our sin, He remembers it no more. In other words He forgives and forgets. I've kind of taken this on faith as my finite mind couldn't really grasp how God who knows everything could forget something. For some reason that I don't remember now, I was mulling this over the other day and it struck me. If God could create something (the universe for example), out of nothing. Then it stands to reason He could also create nothing out of something.
I guess I bring this up because if you are like me at all. In the most vulnerable of moments suddenly a bunch of my old transgressions will rise up and slap me alongside the head. Well if God forgot my sins, He isn't the one doing the slapping, someone else is. On another note, I guess the only reason God would have for remembering a past sin of mine is if I keep reminding Him of it.
For I know whom I have believed. And I am persuaded, that He is able to keep that which I have commited unto Him against that day.
Thanks for listening.