I was surfing the web, and saw a magazine for women in ministry that looked interesting. When I saw they had a page with the writers' guidlines on it, I checked it out. One of the topics sounded interesting. I thought, I can write about that! So I did. Never tried to submit anything before that.

A couple weeks later, a couple started attending our church, and the woman mentioned she was a writer and moderated an on-line group. Don mentioned I had tried my hand at it (Boy was I experienced! LOL!) and she invited me to come to iVillage and check the group out.

That's when I realized what a long shot it was to have something published! Just when I thought what a fool I'd been, I got a letter of acceptance along with a contract in the mail! I jumped around like a maniac all over the house.

That was in January, 2003. The article came out in June, 2003, and I've been plugging away ever since. I'm so thankful to God I don't have to make a living at it! [Big Grin]

I started writing for children last summer, and that is so much fun.

I'm having a ball. And writers (or authors! [Wink] ) are the nicest people in the world.

Donna