Dotsie,
I couldn't agree more with what you have said. While I was reading your post, I was thinking to myself that what I do when waiting on a response is to busy myself with another, new article. Come to find out, you do the same thing. My sons say I have tons of patience, because I haven't used any. Good grief...Everybody's a comedian. [Roll Eyes]

Staying busy and UNFOCUSING on your expected response is most definetly a crucial point to make. Have you ever tried to watch a pot of water come to a boil? You can grow old and ugly before it happens. I know...tried it and got older...not ugly...hey, I'm the Queen. I don't do ugly. [Wink]

Anyhoo...After submitting a piece for approval/response, I thank the good Lord above for allowing me to write.

Next, I sit quietly and remind myself WHY I write in the first place and mentally go over my goals, hopes, and dreams for the future. Sometimes I even re-write my goals because priorities do change.

Reaffirming my belief in myself helps to increase my faith in my writing abilities and self-acceptance. It just makes me feel good about it, you know?

I have one more thing I do. If I get a rejection, I

1) Put a curse on who ever sent it, and
2) Write another piece immediately.

Rejection either inspires you, or delfates you. I choose door #1. Hope this helps someone else! [Razz]