Last week my oldest son, a senior in high school, was in Florida with his baseball team. I got another glimpse of life with only two kids at home.

Part of me loved having less laundry, one less mouth to feed, one less person to deal with, manage, shuffle around, bicker with, and give money to.

The other part missed him terribly! He has been in our home since he was three months old and we brought him home from the airport. He has been in my heart since the day we got a picture of this chunky babe wrapped in swadling clothes with a happy face.

I missed his sense of humor, comings and goings, friends coming in and out, creating in the kitchen(he loves to cook and thinks he is a more creative cook than I), laughter when masterfully killing a friend at a video game, complaints and excuses about losing those same games, going to his basketball games, midnight chats after he gets home on the weekends, and so much more!

I have decided that instead of focusing on the crap about him the bugs the #$%@ out of me, I better pay more attention to his good qualities before he heads off to college.